Forever Forward
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forever Forward

A writing community dedicated to personal growth, constructive criticism, and all forms of writing! All are welcome here, we don't bite.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Stumble Me!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» We Don't Stop Till Someone's Bleeding
Forum Rules and Explanation I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 12:16 am by Admin

» Pandora's Punishment
Forum Rules and Explanation I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:18 pm by Kayumi

» Checkmate! (Sequal to If This Is Just Chess...)
Forum Rules and Explanation I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 1:18 am by Admin

» If This Is Just Chess Then Baby I'm Just A Pawn (Day Class Dragon)
Forum Rules and Explanation I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 1:06 am by Admin

» Word Game Start
Forum Rules and Explanation I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:18 pm by Admin

» Skin
Forum Rules and Explanation I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 4:13 pm by Admin

» The dark room
Forum Rules and Explanation I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:09 am by dan-of-darkness91

» The path I'm on
Forum Rules and Explanation I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:19 pm by Admin

» Your Mother
Forum Rules and Explanation I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:17 pm by Admin

Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Forum Rules and Explanation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Forum Rules and Explanation Empty
PostSubject: Forum Rules and Explanation   Forum Rules and Explanation I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:31 pm

Alright, so I just wanted to explain what we here at F.F. are about and what we hope to gain through our community.

Firstly, as stated in my intro, I am tired of belonging to several sites, trying to better my writing, and getting nowhere. Here at F.F. I hope to create a warm, welcoming community where you can feel free to post any and all forms of your writings and gain constructive criticism to better your writing. I am trying to create a focus on reading someone elses work and try to post something helping them out to better their own work.

That being said, I know sometimes a piece leaves us feeling no different than before we read it, however I would still like to ask you to try and post an opinion about the piece. "This was good", or "This sucked", is not acceptable on it's own, however if you post your reasoning, i.e. "I liked this piece because it was simple and well written. I liked the subject matter and I feel it needs no improvement.", that is perfectly acceptable. I know all I've ever wanted was to know what someone did or did not like about my piece.

Now I know it seems odd that I want you to post a sample within the first four days of membership but I'm sure we all have a piece lying around somewhere collecting dust, or better yet, something that is our pride and joy. I ask for a sample because it will help all of us here at F.F. get a grasp of where you are at with your writing. I know I've always hated reading a really great summary and going in to read the story and finding out that someone else must have done the summary. I also like to know where the usual flaws are to watch and help the writer realize where they could use improvement.

Now, I'm not the greatest writer, this I know, but I try my best and I'm open to criticism. That is all I ask from you. I know you may not be comfortable with posting something for fear you could be wrong but here at F.F. I, your loving Admin, am VERY dedicated to making sure that NO ONE is overly critical of the writer and no one is told rudely that they are wrong. I belonged to a site that had a few members who didn't know how to be constructive with their criticism which ended up leaving the review feeling like a personal attack. I will strive to check out every review and do something about each review that is a little misguided or cruel. However, as the site grows I may not be perfect at this. At that point I ask you to send me a message, asking me to review a review you feel is too harsh or seems a bit pointless.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and keep your eye on it as I will update it throught our lifetime.
Back to top Go down
https://foreverforward.forumotion.com

Forum Rules and Explanation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forever Forward :: Notes To Members-
Jump to: